Monday, April 9, 2012

Cloth not going like I planned!

On Saturday I put Logan in cloth all day - the 1st part of the day was okay. I changed him about every 2ish hours, but after a little while he started getting leaks. They are coming from the side of his leg, down by his thigh. His legs are so skinny that I don't think they cover his leg all the way - so that when he pees and he sits down, the compression from the wet diaper squeezes out the sides. We went through lots of clothes and cloth on Saturday.

So on Sunday I tired to do my best to research what I was doing wrong. Am I folding it right? Did I wash all my prefolds the right way? Is the cover too lose? UGH! I thought this was supposed to be easy. Even though it frustrates me, I'm not going to give up because I've already invested too much to stop now.

I've decided that Thirsties aren't going to work for us (for now) because the leg holes are too big. I'm going to have to try other brands and see if those are better. I had him in a medium Swaddlebee's tonight and the leg holes were STILL too big!

I need to start feeding this boy some cheeseburgers!!!


All of his covers/pockets/nighttime diapers!
And I have about 4-6 more on the way...I order so many I lost track! Good thing I'm finding them used (in excellent condition) or on sale with free shipping! I did order a special one from Etsy that I didn't mind paying a little extra for :) I will of course post pictures of it when it comes!

I have him in a nighttime one tonight for the 1st time - I'm hoping he doesn't wake up in a pool of potty! I read good reviews on those diapers so I hope they work well for Logan!

No comments:

Post a Comment