Sunday, March 4, 2012

Possibly Cloth?

I've been thinking about switching to cloth diapers. I've been so thankful that I've only had to buy a few boxes of NB, 1's, & 2's sized diapers - I got so many from my baby shower! I have a few more packs of size 3 (which he's currently in) and like one small pack of size 4.

Now that Logan's older and not pooping multiple times a day (and most of the time it's solid) I was thinking that cloth might be a good idea. I love how convenient disposable diapers are, but if he's in them until he's 3(ish) that's a lot of diapers!

I read on one website that diapering a baby for that long will cost the average parent over $2,000!
James recently bought a different car, because his bug doesn't have heat - and isn't safe for Logan if James ever needed to take Logan somewhere in his car. So he's trying to sell his bug. If he can sell his bug I think we should use some of that money to invest in some cloth for Logan.

The ones I've been looking at are perfect for Logan, too! Age 9-36 months OR 18-40lbs. I'm sure Logan is 18lbs now - but I wouldn't be starting this right away. Probably in a few months when I run out of disposable diapers.


A print of the ones I'm looking at!

I'm new at this and have no idea where to start! I've read you can make your own wipes - not sure if I would do that OR just use the regular baby wipes? I haven't even mentioned this to James yet, but I'm sure he would be all for them if it's saving us money!

1 comment:

  1. use water and washcloths/receiving blankets cut up. check the CD board on BBC

    ReplyDelete