Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Over the last month...

In my last post I wrote about going to the Pumpkin Patch. Last year we didn't even go, maybe because Logan was too young to even know what was going on - OR I don't even know why. I think we just keep saying "Next weekend" and then before we knew it, Halloween was over! We went to 2 Pumpkin Patches this year.
The first one we went to was Lee Farms out in Tualatin. We went with our friends Brandon, Sarah, & Owen (who is only 3 months younger than Logan). I love that they are so close in age! We had decent weather, and lots of fun. The boys loved it! We even took home some delicious home made apple cider/pumpkin donuts!
The second we went to was over on Sauvie's Island, it was called Kruger's Farm. We went with just my mom, my dad decided to stay at home. We went there because my mom had a Groupon. Besides taking a wrong turn, it was a really nice Pumpkin Patch! We rode a hay ride, got some candy apples, roasted corn, and picked out our pumpkins. It was raining but only a tiny bit, not enough to get us soaked.

Tomorrow is Wednesday and then on Thursday morning we are leaving for Canada to go visit Josh, Allyssa, and their son Carlo! I'm so excited to see him - and them :) It will be a nice little weekend getaway. I'm a little nervous for the drive. It's close to 5 hours. Logan can handle a car trip to the beach, which is like 2...the last long road trip we took was to Reno in March when he was 10 months old. I'm hoping if I give him some books and snacks he will be okay - and I cross my fingers he takes a nap!

It's so hard to believe that in less than a week Logan is going to be 18 months - a year and a half! Time has gone by so fast, but I just keep thinking about all the fun that has yet to come! We took him trick-or-treating this year. He was dressed up as a monkey. The first few houses we went to he was a little nervous, but he warmed up to the idea and actually started grabbing candy out of the bowl. Next year is going to be so much more fun. I hope he will be able to pick out his own costume and maybe I won't have to carry him all over, hehe.
Even though Logan's words aren't very clear he surprises me with how much he can say and understands. He's been super sweet lately giving me lots of hugs and snuggles. I just love him so much! I must kiss him like 874641 times a day.

Two weeks ago at Weight Watchers I gained .6 of a pound. I knew that I would gain, just because I hadn't been making the best food choices OR working out. Last week with Halloween being on a Wednesday I didn't even go weigh in. Tomorrow is weigh in day and I'm hoping that I lost something! Even that .6 that I gained would be great! I set a goal to lose 10lbs in 8 weeks (deadline is Thanksgiving). I have 3 more weigh in's to Thanksgiving and I still need to lose 5.8lbs. I'm not sure if I can do it...I might be looking at maybe 8lbs total. I'm going to try really hard to make good choices in Canada! On a happy note: I wore some skinny jeans today that I haven't worn since last October/November! And they even felt more lose than they did last year when I bought them! So that was a happy thing :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment