Saturday, October 8, 2011

Procedure Update & Logan's Room.

I had my "Lithotripsy" procedure done on Monday. It was scary. Being put under is never fun. The last time I was under was for my breast reduction in 2007. We got to the hospital around 9:15am and they took me to a little room. I changed into a gown and sat in the bed and waited. A nurse came in to ask me some questions and then another nurse came shortly after with her tub of IV supplies. When I saw her walk into the room I lost it. I started crying and freaking out. I hate needles! Funny because I have 3 tattoos and multiple piercings...I can't stand shots or IVs though! The nurse tried to get my IV in my right arm 2 times and she couldn't get it. I wanted to scream at her! She left and the other nurse tried in my left arm and got it on the 1st try. They also gave me a numbing shot before trying to put the IV in - so total I was poked 6 times!

My surgeon came in and explained the procedure to me. He said I would be placed on a stretcher and lowered into a tub of water. Then they would use shock waves on my back by my kidney to break up the stone. Around 10:45am the anesthesiologist came in and gave me some kind of sedation medication through my IV. After that I don't really remember anything - not even saying goodbye to James (who was by the side the whole time)! Later I told him I didn't remember saying goodbye and he said we did and he even gave me a kiss on my cheek and told me he loved me.

I remember waking up in the recovery room and looking around. I had an oxygen mask over my nose/mouth. And I had a huge bump on my lower lip - like I had bit it or something. My throat was really sore and I started to cough. A nurse came over and took off my mask and used a sponge type thing to wipe out my mouth. She told me to keep coughing and that my throat would probably be sore because they had to put a tube down there (yuck). They wheeled me back to a room and then a couple minutes later James was brought to me (he had to wait out in the waiting room). It took me about 30 minutes to fully wake up. And after an hour and a half I was getting dressed and they were sending me on my way! It felt so good to get home and snuggle Logan :)

I have to go back to see my doctor on the 18th. I have a stint placed in my kidney and bladder and out through my urethra - lovely, I know. I'm terrified of that day...he will remove the stint, not sure how but he said it's just an office procedure so it better not hurt! I also have to strain all my urine to catch any pieces of the stone. I've found a lot, but it just looks like sand.


Now onto Logan's room. We are finished painting in there and I'm leaving the window open all day today just in case to air it out. The acrylic paint we used doesn't really smell though, so I think it will be fine. James used chalk to draw everything and then we just painted over it. He painted the tree - I did the leaves and the owl. I'm very happy with how it turned out. I think Logan is going to love it when he gets a little older!

We'll be going to Target later to get some little things for his room - like curtains and maybe a lamp or something. I ordered a cute night light and light switch plate cover off Amazon, can't wait for them to arrive.

Now here are some pics of his room!

His room before.

Painted blue with the tree.

The leaves :)

All finished!

Hello cute little owl :)

I will add more pics after things are set up! I can't wait to see his room when it's all finished!

No comments:

Post a Comment