Friday, October 21, 2011

Pumpkin Pie?

Tonight I made a "test run" of a pumpkin pie recipe I found. I honestly can't say yet how it turned out. I tried a piece about an hour or 2 after it came out of the oven - so it was still warm. I think pumpkin pie is supposed to be cold when you eat it. I made my own crust - and that was kinda tough. It was hard to cut with my fork...but it had a good flavor. Maybe I just messed with it too much before rolling it out? This is why I wanted to test run it. I want it to be yummy and perfect for Thanksgiving! I'll also be making an apple pie. I've made one before, so I probably won't make one before Thanksgiving.

I'm finally starting to feel better! I feel like after Logan it's been one thing after the other. Healing from my labor was a very long process. I look back and nothing can compare to how much pain I was in after having him. For those of you who don't know - I had a very bad delivery that sent me straight to the OR for repair (down there). I'd say it took a good 3 months before things felt normal down there. THEN I get a huge kidney stone and have a stent shoved up my urethra! 2 weeks of having that in...THEN I get really sick, I lose my voice! Tonight I feel like I just have a small cold, a stuffy nose and a little headache. My voice is still kinda scratchy, too. Anyways, I'd just like to feel 100% again. And I think I'm headed in that direction.

Now that I'm getting better, James woke up this morning with the flu! He has all the flu symptoms but he's not throwing up. He has a really high fever, which is scary. I don't want Logan to get it! So after dinner I took Logan to Target and we looked around for about an hour. I carried him in the Baby Bjorn and it's so nice to hear when people look and say "Awe, what a cute baby!" :) Makes me feel like a proud mommy. I really enjoyed spending time with him tonight - he is such an amazing little being. I can't believe that I helped create him, it's crazy to think about.

We were supposed to go to the pumpkin patch tomorrow, but with James being sick we are going to try for next weekend. We were also supposed to celebrate Dave's birthday tomorrow - but my mom has been sick, too! So we won't be doing that. Sarah is going to come over and her, Logan, and I are going to go shopping for an outfit for Logan's 6 month pictures. I'm having them done on November 13th. I'm a little worried though because we are having his 6 month appointment (with shots) done on the 11th - I just hope he's over the funk that the shots put him in by the 13th. I want some cute, smiley, happy boy pictures!

No comments:

Post a Comment