Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Yay for the Holidays!

We are finally feeling better in this household. James' fever went away and my voice came back! We ended up going out to dinner to celebrate Dave's birthday - it was a surprise party. And he was very surprised. My mom did a good job organizing it, it turned out very good! And the food at Heidi's is always delicious!!!

We still haven't went to a pumpkin patch - even though Halloween is less than a week away. We are hoping to go Sunday, which is kinda silly because Halloween will be the next day. Oh well, it will still be fun! I might get a couple bigger pumpkins for James and I from a local grocery store and then we can get Logan a tiny one from the pumpkin patch. I was thinking about carving his name onto one (if I can manage that, not sure how hard it's going to be) and then empty out another one and put him in it. I will try and line it with a towel or something, unless it's really clean inside. And we'll take some pictures! I have his Halloween costume, we won't go trick-or-treating this year...it would be odd going door to door with a baby knowing that he can't eat the candy. Probably not even next year, but the year after that we can start going. His costumes will just be for pictures :)

Logan has been a little off for the last couple of weeks, not sure if he's having growing pains or more teeth are trying to come through. I've checked every night for teeth and I haven't felt anything yet. He just doesn't seem as happy as he usually is. Everyday he's growing and changing though, I love him so much (even when he's grumpy)!

The pumpkin pie didn't turn out very good. So I'm going to try another recipe and I'm going to make something called Pumpkin Squares - I hope those turn out better than my pie! I'm super excited for Thanksgiving! And then Christmas - that will be so fun, too! :)

4 comments:

  1. sounds awesome i want to see pictures of his costume! how are you doing on WW now? you were off then back on again right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. WW is non-existent in my life right now...i'm having a really hard time because when i did WW before i did so good, lost all my weight pretty fast. and this go around i don't have the time to dedicate to just me. i don't want to work out - i know i could eat better, but i don't. i lost about 10lbs when i started and now i've gained 5 of it back. james and i were just talking tonight about how we want to start eating better. it's hard though when you're not 100% ready :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't work out much most of the time. I lost my almost 40lbs before without any working out at all. You can do it that way.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know, I just feel that it comes off quicker when I work out. And working out makes me feel good. I just have to accept that I'm not going to lose as fast as I did last time - which is a very hard thing I can't seem to overcome. We are going to TRY starting Monday to do better. You have really inspired me! Thank you :)

    ReplyDelete