Sunday, October 30, 2011

Weight Watchers on our own!

James and I are going to try doing WW on our own. Not even exactly WW - just eating healthier, smaller portions. I'm fine with breakfast and lunch - but as soon as I get home all I want to do is snack! So I went through some food and threw it/gave it away so it couldn't tempt me anymore. Bye bye Cheetos :(

We are going to weigh in tomorrow morning and that will be our starting weight. We are going to make Friday's our official weigh in day. We will have each other to keep us accountable and also for support. James gets paid tomorrow so we are also going to go to the grocery store and get new food!

During the summer when I started WW I lost 10.4lbs in about a month. That was with just eating right and going for walks with my friend and Logan. I need to accept the fact that I will not lose weight as fast as I did before...it took me 9 months to gain 40lbs, so let's see if I can lose this weight in 9 months. If I can manage to lose 4.4lbs each month I can reach my goal. Of course I'd much rather lose it quicker than 9 months - so we'll see how dedicated I can be. I want to be healthy for myself and for my family. I felt so much better when I was thinner. It was fun trying on clothes, getting dressed for work, even taking pictures. Now I hate getting dressed for work (hardly any of my old clothes fit), I hate taking pictures, and trying on clothes is a PAIN! I don't want Logan to look back at all his baby pictures and think "Wow, mom was fat!" I know I'm not HUGE...but I am for sure overweight.

I am inspired by my friend Allyssa. She is doing WW and has been losing weight every week with pretty much just eating better. She posts her monthly goals and updates with her weigh ins and what she eats. I am going to use her idea with the monthly goals, I think that will help me stay on track more.

During the month of November I would like to:
  • Lose at least 5lbs.
  • Do some kind of movement/exercise 3-5 times a week, even if it is just walking.
  • Increase my water intake A LOT.
  • Increase my fruit/veggie intake A LOT.
  • Start to feel better about myself.
I'm going to end this with a picture of me when I was my smallest weight and super happy about how I looked!

Me: around 138 pounds.

1 comment: